I, Scientist – The conference on gender, career paths and networking (Berlin, May 2018)
“I, Scientist – The conference on gender, career paths and networking” will be held on 25-26 May 2018 in Berlin.
The conference is designed by and for students and young postdocs in natural sciences and mathematics. Their mission is to increase the visibility of female role models, introduce you to a variety of career options, and give you a dedicated time for networking and establishing useful contacts.
To raise awareness of unconscious gender-based biases, detect obstacles and find solutions regarding gender imbalance and combining family life and a career, a dialogue between all genders is needed. Therefore, all genders are welcome to attend!
Conference highlights include:
- Inspiring talks by successful female scientists and mathematicians representing a variety of different career paths. Confirmed speakers include e.g. Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. Sabine Kunst, Prof. Dr. Katharina Landfester, Prof. Dr. Sigrid Schmitz, Dr. Mai Thi Nguyen-Kim.
- Specialist talks from the area of gender, science, and law about the still persisting gender inequalities and biases, and the current state-of-the-matter.
- “Women in Science” Slam: present at the slam and win a travel grant of up to 350 €!
- Panel discussion “Equal Rites – Why do we still talk about the gender (in)equality in 2018?” with both male and female panelists in powerful positions.
- Women Networking Dinner with the speakers of the event (participation limited to 80 women – first come, first serve).
- Four full-day soft skills workshops (participation limited to 15 people per workshop – first come, first serve).
- Career Speed Dating event: small groups of participants will undergo booth-to-booth rotation at the career fair and are given a chance to get in direct contact with the company and ask questions.