Workshop “ERC Starting Grant” (EU Office), 27 June 2019
The European Research Council’s mission is to promote the highest quality research in Europe by offering ERC-funding schemes that are “investigator-driven” or “bottom-up” thus allowing researchers a great degree of flexibility to identify new opportunities and directions in any field of research. ERC grants are awarded through open competition to projects headed by researchers at various career stages, irrespective of their origins. ERC Starting Grants are awarded to researchers within the first 2-7 years after PhD. The sole criterion is scientific excellence.
Research advisors from the EU Office at the University of Göttingen will explain the basics on ERC Starting Grant and Proof of Concept funding schemes provide details on the application and evaluation procedure as well as on how to become an ERC expert. Moreover, Prof. Winfried Rudolf, Department of English and Medieval Literature will offer insight on his firsthand experiences with ERC.
- Date: Thursday, 27 June 2019, 10-12 h
- Location: SUB Göttingen Historical Building (Paulinerkirche), Lecture Hall, 1st floor, Papendiek 14, 37073 Göttingen,
- Registration: please register latest by 14 June 2019 per email to Ms Gunhilde Wilz
- 10:00 – 10:45: Starting Grants ǀ EU Office Advisors Lisa Grow, Christian Schöpper and Claudia Sültmann
- 10:45 – 11:15: From theory to practice: First-hand experiences of a PI ǀ Prof. Winfried Rudolf ǀ ERC Consolidator Grantee for “ECHOE project”
- 11:15 – 11:45: Discussion Round
- 11:45 – 12:00: Proof of Concept Grants ǀ ERC follow-up
ERC Expert Evaluator ǀ Get involved – why & how