Joachim Herz Foundation promotes interdisciplinary events in the Natural Sciences (deadline: May 6, 2020)
Interdisciplinary research calls for communication and the right networks. With the program “Begegnungszonen”, the Joachim Herz Foundation supports events for young scientists. The goal is for them to learn new work processes and methodologies while forging new contacts.
- take up interdisciplinary topics,
- actively engage up-and-coming scientists (graduate and postdoc students) and facilitate a dialog with seasoned scientists,
- last at least three days and are attended by 30 to 150 participants,
- have an international focus (although the applications must come from a German research institute),
- will ideally test new event formats,
- will take place between December 1, 2020, and November 30, 2021.
This year proposals connected to the U.S.A. are especially welcome. For further information visit www.joachim-herz-stiftung.de/en/what-we-do/projects-for-understanding-science/interdisciplinary-networks-for-talented-young-scientists/begegnungszonen/