Reminder: Fund a networking event with the Joachim Herz Foundation grant “Begegnungszone” (open until 16 May 2023)
Interdisciplinary research calls for communication and the right networks. The Joachim Herz Foundation is funding networking events for young scientists in natural sciences with the scheme “Begegnungszonen“. The goal is to forge new contacts, to build interdisciplinary networks and simultaneously getting to know new ways of working and methods. Apply by 16 May 2023.
In the context of the support for international events, the JHF emphasizes collaborations between institutions in Germany and in the USA. Bilateral multi-year exchanges are possible.
The call for proposals is aimed at the organizers of events such as workshops, symposia, colloquia, and conferences as well as summer and winter schools in the natural sciences that
- take up interdisciplinary topics,
- actively engage doctoral candidates and postdocs and facilitate a dialog with senior scientists,
- last at least three days and are attended by 30 to 150 participants,
- will ideally test new (including digital/hybrid) event formats and
- will take place between September 1, 2023, and November 30, 2024.
An international dimension is desired. Applications must be made from a public research institution or an organization with a charitable status in Germany.
The following documents must be submitted with an application by 16 May 2023:
- completed application form
- project outline including a cost projection and a (preliminary) event program
- academic careers of the main applicants (each max. 3,600 characters incl. blanks)