VIP2 International Postdoc Program (apply by 15 June 2022)
VIP2 is a postdoctoral fellowship program at the Vienna BioCenter (VBC) offering 3 year fellowships that are open to candidates with backgrounds in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and bioinformatics.
The call opend on 1 March and will close on 15 Junee 2022. For further details see below and this webpage.
The program operates under a two-mentor scheme whereby fellows select a main research group and academic mentor according to their specific projects and are supported by a second mentor that can be chosen from the VBC research institutes, the VBC biotech sector, our alumni network and beyond. The VIP2 program selects people whose projects have the potential to develop into distinct research lines and thus serves as a stepping stone towards an independent career path. Interdisciplinary and inter-lab projects are highly encouraged.
The Vienna BioCenter is an English-speaking campus with outstanding research infrastructure, equal opportunity support including health care benefits, pension contributions and a highly subsidized child-care center.
Beyond offering an outstanding research environment, VIP2 provides a structured training and career development program under the principle “Inform, Inspire, Innovate.”
The VIP2 structured training program encompasses:
- A research culture that fosters scientific excellence and independence
- Effective mentoring and career planning through two-mentor scheme
- Coaching and mentoring by the VIP2 Advisory Board (VAB)
- A broad training program on research-related and transferable skills
- Introduction of a secondment scheme in the postdoctoral training
- Introduction to a diverse network of renowned professionals