Daimler Benz Postdoctoral Scholarships for 2 yrs (Deadline: 1 Oct 2018)
Every year, the Daimler and Benz Foundation awards ten scholarships to exceptional postdoctoral students, assistant professors, and young managers of new research projects. Our goal is to support the autonomy and creativity of our next generation of academics and to help committed researchers as they begin their postdoctoral academic careers.
The recipients receive scholarships of €20,000 a year for two years to finance research assistants, technical equipment, research trips and attendance at conferences. By hosting gatherings for the steadily increasing network of scholarship recipients in Ladenburg, the Daimler and Benz Foundation also provides a forum for the exchange of interdisciplinary ideas.
The call will close at midnight on 1st October 2018.
Funding scheme profile at a glance:
- Purpose: To strengthen the autonomy of the next generation of academics as well as helping committed researchers get a smooth start on their career path during the productive phase after their dissertation
- Duration: 2 years
- Type of Funding: Scholarship; application for new project or extension for existing project (see guidelines for further details)
- Award: 20,000€ per year
- Eligibility: Early career researchers with completed PhD (see further details outlined in the guidelines) and formal connection to a research institute in Germany
- Deadline: 1 October 2018 at 24h
- Webpage (in German); create application profile here