GAUSS is hiring – apply for the position of the GAUSS Coordinator (Graduate School)
The GAUSS Coordinator position is vacant and we are aiming to fill this post as soon as possible.
For details please check out the information below as well as this link (only in German) and apply by 15 March 2019 and se
At the Georg-August University School of Science (GAUSS) of the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, the permanent position of a Coordinator (m/f; Pay group 13 TV-L) with 100% of the weekly working time (currently 39.80 hours) is available.
GAUSS is a graduate school with currently approx. 1,500 doctoral students in the natural sciences and mathematics. The scientific coordination of GAUSS is located in the Graduate School’s office.
- Support and advice for doctoral programmes, doctoral supervisors and doctoral students
- Organisation, content design and conceptual further development of the GAUSS-wide qualification offer (method and key qualification courses)
- Coordination of the GAUSS-wide doctoral and examination procedure in coordination with the GAUSS board of directors and the responsible faculties
- Preparation and organization of board meetings and the administrative and operational implementation of board resolutions
- Participation in the strategic development of the graduate school
- Participation in the acquisition of third-party funds for the graduate school
- Maintenance and further development of the GAUSS database
- Representation of the graduate school in university and non-university committees within the framework of the guidelines of the managing director
- Public relations
- A university degree in the field of natural sciences or mathematics
- Doctorate in natural sciences or mathematics is desirable
- Preferably professional experience in science management and graduate education
- In-depth knowledge in the field of structured graduate support
- Very good knowledge of current national and international developments in higher education policy in the field of the promotion of young researchers
- Experience in project management and with grant application
- Very good communicative competence, organisational talent
- Independent and structured work, ability to work in a team and flexibility
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Experience abroad is an advantage
The University of Göttingen aims to increase the proportion of women in areas where women are underrepresented and therefore urges qualified women to apply. It sees itself as a family-friendly university and promotes the compatibility of science/work and family. The university has set itself the goal of employing more severely disabled people. Applications from severely disabled people with the same qualifications are preferred.
Please use the online application portal of the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen under the link exclusively to submit your application documents: https://lotus2.gwdg.de/uni/uzdv/perso/knr_100485.nsf.
Applications will be accepted in electronic form until 15.03.2019.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Steffen Burkhardt and Dr. Jonas Barth at firstname.lastname@example.org.