The total funds for the fellowships are £ 6 million and the maximium award is £ 500k. This is the only open call for these fellowships in 2023. The key information for the fellowships are listed here:
- Apply for funding to carry out independent research within a host laboratory and gain leadership skills.
- The fellowship must be based at a UK research organisation eligible for BBSRC funding.
- You must be able to demonstrate appropriate and relevant research, technical or innovation experience.
- You are not eligible to apply if you hold or have held any post or position at lecturer level (or equivalent in an institution other than a university).
- The full economic cost of your project can be up to £500,000. BBSRC will fund 80% of the full economic cost.
- Your project must be within BBSRC’s remit.
- Your fellowship will last 3 years. You can choose to work full time or part time. Part-time fellowships will be pro rata.