GGNB PhD Workshop: “Know Yourself – Emphasize Your Strength”, 24-25 Sept 2018
The GGNB offers the PhD workshop “Know Yourself – Emphasize Your Individual Strengths” in September for which there are still a few slots available. The workshop is open to all GAUSS PhD students as well as postdocs and places will be confirmed on a first-come-first-served basis. To register please send an email including a short statement on your motivation to join the workshop to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dates: Monday and Tuesday, 24-25 September 2018
- Duration: 1st day: 14-18h, 2nd day: 9-17h
- Location: GZMB, Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 11, seminar room 0.232 (ground floor)
- Target Group: Junior researchers who are contemplating their next career step.
- Goals: Develop awareness about your specific individual skills and practice how to communicate them effectively in professional contexts.
- Why does my supervisor not acknowledge my achievements and qualities? Why are my colleagues getting support and promotions and not me? Why can I not convince a potential employer that I’m the perfect match for my dream job?
- Discipline, hard work and being a team-player are often not enough to achieve professional success. Beside targeted qualification and commitment, confident and realistic self-presentation and the visibility for others in your network are crucial when trying to get an appropriate position and/or salary.
- To receive attention in the professional world, while applying for a new position or while looking for new professional challenges, you have to know how to emphasize your personal qualities and strengths to get the recognition of others.
- Evaluating and knowing your skills and competencies is a challenging and exciting process that is crucial for an authentic and successful self-presentation in the job context.
- will help you to develop a personal “life profile”, which not only covers your professional expertise but also competencies acquired in all areas of life.
- will help you to compile the unique variety of your individual skills.
- will teach you how to use them to market yourself.