GAUSS Career Workshop: “Job Hunting and Application Skills” (4-5 July 2022; in person!)
We are happy to announce our next in-person GAUSS Career Service workshop this year: “Job Hunting and Application Skills” by Dr. Gaby Schilling.
The target group for this workshop are postdoctoral scientists and late-stage PhD students who are currently applying or planning to apply for a position in industry or other areas outside academia. The goal of this workshop is to become familiar with all steps involved in the application process
- Dates: Monday and Tuesday, 4-5 July 2022
- Duration: 1.5 days (Mo 13:00-18:00 and Tue 9:00-17:00)
- Location: Large seminar room 0.232 of the GZMB building, Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 11, 37077 Göttingen (map)
- Trainer: Dr. Gaby Schilling
- Registration: Please register here (in case you are not yet registered) and send an email to email@example.com including a short statement on your motivation to attend the workshop.
Workshop Description: The workshop deals with how to write a professional application. Participants will learn about the requirements regarding form and content of CVs and the respective differences between academia and industry. They will reflect about how to convey their strengths and motivation in response to a job advertisement, but also how to approach speculative applications. Moreover, participants will train their self-presentation skills in the job hunting process, including self-presentation on career fairs, conferences and in interviews. The workshop will include various training sessions.
“The workshop was very informative and dynamic. It helped me to realize my most positive characteristics and feel confident about my future career possibilities.” (Postdoc at GZMB)
“Make the most of this wonderful experience. Learn and improve yourself with the content of the workshop. It’s an eye opener.” (Postdoc in Molecular Biology)