Göttingen Campus Postdoc Committee – applications are welcome by 16 Nov
The Göttingen Campus Postdoc Committee is looking for new members – this time also from the mathematics, natural and life sciences. If you are interested please read the Melissa Sollich’s message below.
All the best,
We are looking for your ideas, input, and energy to make the Göttingen Campus a better place for Postdocs.
The deadline for applications to the Göttingen Campus Postdoc Committee has been extended to end of the day on Wed 16 November.
The application process is quick and easy: simply send a short CV and an email briefly explaining why you would like to join the Committee to Melissa Sollich, the Postdoc Coordinator.
As a committee member, you will benefit from:
- directly influencing the events and activities of the Postdoc Network
- meeting postdocs from across the Campus
- getting experience in committee work
- gaining a better understanding of how large organisations work
- opportunities to be more involved in the running of the University and Campus and meet senior staff
- acquiring transferable skills which are sought by many employers and can go on your CV
The main commitment is contributing ideas at our friendly meeting once a month. Meetings are in English, last approximately one hour, and are usually conducted via zoom. There is also attendance when possible at events (e.g., Postdoc Socials or Postdoc Support and Information Fairs).
You can see more about what we do here, and the terms of reference are here.
We welcome all applications and are keen to increase the diversity (eg, geographical location across the Campus, variety of disciplines, backgrounds and origins) to enhance the representativeness of the committee. We aim for balanced representation of Postdocs in the committee and all genders are welcome.
The committee particularly encourages postdocs from any area or viewpoint that you, as a postdoc here, consider is currently under-represented.
The GC Postdoc Committee’s mission:
- strives to ensure that the GC Postdoc community is valued, understood and that its voice is heard;
- supports, serves, and enhances the experience of the GC Postdoc community by providing an inclusive and overarching network across the GC and beyond;
- champions equality, diversity, and interdisciplinarity at every opportunity.
We use the term ‘Postdoc’ in the broad sense of ‘early career researcher’ – a doctorate holder who conducts professional research with a time-limited contract or fellowship. If you fit this definition, even if you do not usually see yourself as a Postdoc, feel free to apply! We are looking for diverse perspectives.
Applications will be considered by the committee to ensure a good fit. Contact any of the current committee members for a chat or meet us at one of our socials to find out more.
All the best, Melissa Sollich
Postdoc Coordinator, Göttingen Campus
International Communications, Press and Public Relations Department, University of Göttingen
Wilhelmsplatz 1, 37073 Göttingen
Tel: 39-26228/+49 1525 975 2642, Melissa.Sollich@uni-goettingen.de
@unigoettingen | @thegoecampus
University of Göttingen | Göttingen Campus
Support and information for Postdocs at the Göttingen Campus Postdoc Portal | Join the discussion #gcpostdocs | Subscribe to the mailing list to find out more!