Research Prize 2018 – Peter & Traudl Engelhorn Foundation (€10,000)
This year’s call for the Peter & Traudl Engelhorn Foundation Research Prize is now open inviting applications on the topic “Computational Biology: New Methods in Biology – Oriented Information Technologies With Impact On Basic Research and Application“.
The biennial Research Prize is endowed with €10,000 and the call will close on 30 July 2018.
- The Peter and Traudl Engelhorn Foundation for the advancement of Life Sciences invites high potential young scientists to apply for the Research Prize 2018.
- Applicants not older than 35 years, living/working in Austria, Germany or Switzerland, distinguished by their outstanding scientific achievements in Life Sciences (bioinformatics, systems biology, molecular biology, genetics, proteomics, biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology, microbiology, biotechnology) dedicated to COMPUTATIONAL BIOLOGY and manifested by appropriate publications are welcome.
Deadline of application is July 30, 2018 (postmark).
Applications should be written in German or English and sent by surface mail and, in addition, electronically on CD-ROM or by e-mail attachment.
Required documents are:
- Letter of Motivation (max. 1 page)
- Description of scientific achievements (approx. 5 pages plus list of publications)
- Curriculum Vitae including a recent photograph
- Certificates (copies of Matriculation Certificate, Diploma, Master, PhD, MD, etc.)
- Letters of recommendation of at three acknowledged peers
The Foundation decides at its discretion on the awarding of the research prize. A recourse to the courts is not permitted.
Peter und Traudl Engelhorn Foundation
Attn.: Prof. Dr. Herwig Brunner, CEO,
Baerenmuehlweg 39; 82362 Weilheim, Germany
Tel.: +49 152 29 57 6393; Fax: +49 881 1397105;