GAUSS Career Workshop: “Career Planning: What are my further career movements”, July 6-7, 2020 (online)
Our next GAUSS Career Service workshop “Career Planning” by Dr. Matthias Merkelbach is fully booked already, but still you might be lucky via waiting list:
What are my unique abilities and interests critical in determining the right career path for me? Can I combine my ideas about a fulfilled life with a university career? You will discuss about that and develop a strategy for embarking on an academic career path or other career choices. This workshop helps to answer this – and other – questions for all those who want to plan their career to develop strategically.
Dates: Monday and Tuesday, July 6-7, 2020
Duration: 2 days, 6 July 2020 (09:00-11:30 and 14:00-17:00) and 7 July 2020 (09:00-11:30 / individual coaching 14:00-18:00)
This workshop will be taking place online.
Trainer: Dr. Matthias Merkelbach
Target group: Postdoctoral scientist and late-stage PhD students
This workshop focuses on supporting young scientists and researchers and offers them possibilities to reflect upon future career choices whether you are leaving the academic field or not. Based on their individual profiles, participants develop their own vision for their future personal and professional lives.
- You reflect upon your professional career path and develop a well-orchestrated plan for the opportunity of a university career or outside of academia
- You develop a biographically-based profile that highlights und evaluates your individual qualifications, skills and job visions.
- You explore different occupational alternatives: Career at a research centre / as a scientist or “outside”, e.g. in industry, business, public service, etc
- You get information about formal and hidden requirements for career development (with special focus on Germany)
- You share experiences and are encouraged by other scientists who are in a similar professional situation