New horizons in therapeutic antibody discovery: Challenges and opportunities for improvement (free webinar, June 17, 2020, 18:00 CET)
Biologics are the fastest growing class of therapeutics in the biopharmaceutical industry. A key driver for this growth is success with anticancer immunotherapeutics such as checkpoint modulation, adoptive cell therapy, and bispecific T-cell engagers. While these approaches use different tactics to attack tumors, they often employ monoclonal antibodies to target specific antigens. In this highly competitive field, it is crucial to identify candidate antibodies with superior target reactivity. The first step in this process involves screening antibody libraries to identify binders. This can be achieved by using either display technologies or animal immunization. Once antibodies have been identified and slated for production, they must be further characterized and tested for performance-related characteristics before moving into preclinical testing.
- Paul J. Carter, Ph.D., Genentech, Inc., South San Francisco, CA
- Daniel S. Chen, M.D., Ph.D., IGM Biosciences, Mountain View, CA
Jackie Oberst, Ph.D., Science/AAAS, Washington, DC (moderator)
During the webinar, the speakers will:
- Provide an overview of the therapeutic antibody discovery landscape
- Discuss the successes and limitations of current antibody discovery technologies
- Offer case studies of antibody screening and characterization
- Answer viewer questions during the live broadcast.
For further information and registration see this website.