Sofja Kovalevskaja Award for young research talents (deadline 31 July 2018)
Valuable seed capital and the best conditions for junior researchers from abroad: with the Sofja Kovalevskaja Award, the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation promotes outstanding talent and creative approaches to research. Award winners receive up to €1.65 million each, enabling them to spend five years establishing and heading their own research groups at a research institution in Germany.
Junior academics of all disciplines from abroad with outstanding qualifications, who completed their doctorates within the last six years, are eligible to apply for the Sofja Kovalevskaja Award. Applications may also be submitted on completion of doctoral studies.
- Purpose: To build and establish a working group and working on a high-profile, innovative research project of your own choice at a research institution of your own choice in Germany
- Duration: 5 years
- Type of Funding: All costs including staff, equipment, consumables, travel etc.; additional funds are available on request for specific expenses
- Award: 1.65 million € (6 awards per year)
- Eligibility: PhD with distinction within the last six years; top-ranked junior researcher currently living abroad (exceptions apply, please check the eligibility criteria carefully)
- Deadline: 31 July 2018
- Webpage: http://www.humboldt-foundation.de/skp_en