DKFZ Postdoctoral Fellowships (apply by 15 Sept 2022)
Are you interested in joining the renowned DKFZ? Then take your opportunity and apply for one of their Postdoctoral Fellowships representing the most prestigious and competitive postdoc recruitment process at the DKFZ. It is intended to recruit highly talented and motivated young scientist, who wish to work at the forefront of cancer research in any of basic or translational cancer research labs at the DKFZ.
This program offers up to 10 fellowships per year and provides interdisciplinary training and research opportunities in state-of-the-art research facilities for excellent young scientists, no longer than 2 years past graduation, with a background in biology as well as in physics, mathematics, bioinformatics, epidemiology and other research fields.
- A qualification equivalent to a PhD or MD is a prerequisite for all applications.
- Candidates should document their successful previous research endeavors with publications.
- The candidates should be at an early stage of their career, having held a PhD (or MD) for no longer than 2 years.
- The fellowship is not open for internal candidates, unless they have been recruited not longer than 6 months before the application deadline.
The most important selection criterion is academic quality, demonstrated by outstanding publications. Other criteria that will be considered during the selection process include research prizes and awards, demonstration of mobility or successful application for research funding.
Funding and duration
DKFZ Postdoc salaries are competitive by national standards and are negotiated and confirmed during the recruitment phase should a fellowship be offered. The fellowships are initially offered for a duration of two years.
In order to prepare your application please make sure to compile all the required information in one single PDF document which you need to upload during the online application process via the Online Application Portal:
- Curriculum vitae (incl. list of publications)
- One-page motivation letter (incl. statement of your research interests)
- Copy of degree certificates (MD, PhD, Bachelor and Master certificates, originals, transcripts and translations if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation
Please note that applications need to be submitted in English language. Candidates are encouraged to contact division heads and group leaders at the DKFZ Heidelberg before application to discuss potential projects.
For further information check out the webpage