Talk Series “Positions in Science Management”: What does the GAUSS Career Service Coordinator actually do? (17 Oct 2018)
The new event format “Positions in Science Management: What does …?” is featuring on 17 October 2018 at 1 pm the talk “What does a the GAUSS Career Service Coordinator actually do?” with Dr. Stefanie Klug from the GAUSS Career Service. For further information on this event series, please see below and this link.
- Date: 17 Oct 2018 at 13-14:30h
- Location: room 1.101 (Graue Villa), HLS : Herzberger Landstr. 2, 37073, Göttingen
- Registration: Please register by contacting Vera Bissinger (email@example.com)
“Positions in Science Management: What does …?”
Science managers work in a variety of different jobs at the Göttingen Campus, usually at the interface between science and administration. But what exactly do science managers actually do? In this series, employees of this exciting field inform about their work area, their involvement on the campus and their personal career path. In a small network session all participants get the opportunity to introduce themselves and to exchange ideas.
- Science managers on the campus who would like to get to know colleagues and positions in this field
- Interested scientists and administrators, who would like to switch jobs and to learn more about the field of science management
About the speaker:
In January 2018, Stefanie Klug started as the new coordinator of the GAUSS Career Service and is further developing the services and support provided. As a trained geologist with a PhD in Paleobiology, she spent most of her postdoc career as a Marie Curie and DFG fellow in the UK before joining the University of Manchester as a Strategic Funding Manager in 2015. She is very experienced in applying for research funding, publishing, teaching and supervising students, but also in providing support, counseling and advice with regards to career development and planning. In addition to heading the GAUSS Career Service Stefanie is also responsible for developing and supporting the GAUSS Alumni Network.