WoCaNet 2023: call for organizers!
The WoCaNet Team and the GGNB Team would like to invite all postdocs and PhD students to join the organization team for the next Women’s Careers and Networks symposium (WoCaNet) taking place in spring 2023.
In fall 2021, a new team of PhD students and Postdocs will assemble to start organizing the next Women’s Careers and Networks symposium (WoCaNet), which will take place in spring 2023.
The last meeting was held very successfully in May 2021 – to know what WoCaNet is all about check out our webpage: www.wocanet.uni-goettingen.de
If you like the concept of the symposium, but aren’t sure yet how you could help (or if you don’t like the concept and would like to change it!) here are a few suggestions:
- interested in financial planning? … you could be in charge of the financial aspects of this big event!
- like to communicate? … you could be responsible for PR!
- love social media? … you could help to keep the website, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn up to date!
- like food? … you could find the best caterer for delicious food at the symposium and the networking dinner!
- love to be creative? … you could design posters, flyers, booklets, info screens!
- like to be close to the important people? … you could invite inspiring speakers and help organize their stay in Göttingen!
- love to coordinate and organize? …why not become the team leader and keep everything up and running?
A first introductory meeting for all potential organizers will be held in November 2021 (tbd). Everyone (female/male/diverse) is welcome to come and explore – no firm commitment is expected at this stage! During this meeting, the basic tasks behind organizing the symposium will be explained. This allows people who are potentially interested in joining the organizing team to get an impression about the organization efforts and to ask questions.
For those of you who then decide to get involved, a workshop will take place early 2022 (tbd) where the team members will get to know each other and divide in subgroups to tackle the tasks.
If you are potentially interested in joining the next organizing team please send us an email by 15 October to firstname.lastname@example.org.