DAAD One-Year and Short-Term Research Grants for PhD students or junior researchers
Are you a doctoral student or junior researcher from abroad and would like to realise a research project within the context of a doctoral programme or continue your education in Germany? Then apply for a DAAD Research Grant by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). Available are One-Year (7-12 months, only PhD for students) or Short-Term Grants (1-6 months). Through this programme, the DAAD provides funding for young academics from numerous countries and disciplines.For further details on these schemes check out the information below.
What can be funded?
A research project or course of continuing scientific education at a state or state-recognised institution of higher education or a non-university research institute in Germany, which is being carried out in coordination with an academic adviser in Germany.
Application requirements for applicants include the following:
- an excellent university degree equivalent to a German master’s degree or doctorate
- a convincing and well-planned research and training proposal for the stay in Germany that has been agreed with an academic supervisor at the prospective German host institution
- The doctorate must have been begun within the last 3 years. If you already hold a PhD, you should not have completed it more than 4 years ago.
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- grant of 861 euros to 1,200 euros per month (depending on qualifications) plus additional allowances, such as health, accident and personal liability insurance contributions, a possible travel allowance, a research allowance and a language course
One-Year Grants: 7 months up to 12 months (only for PhD students)
Short-Term Grants: 1 month to a maximum of 6 months
- under certain circumstances, additional benefits may be granted
Application deadlines depend on the applicant’s country of origin. More information can be found here:
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: www.daad.de > Finding Scholarships