Conference Grants Göttingen International
In order to promote young academics, funds have been made available for PhD students participating in an international scientific conference in the last six months of 2016 (July 1st to December 31st). Below is a list of all requiered documents and details regarding the application procedure. Up to 70 % of the conference costs will be covered.
- Active participation (oral presentation or poster-presentation) in an established international scienti c meeting, e.g. congress, symposium (NOT seminar, summer school etc.)
- Close connection between own research eld and topic of the event
- The applicant is enrolled as a PhD student at the University of Göttin- gen and has not received funding by Göttingen International before
- Letter of motivation including reasons for application, relevance of the presentation for current work and future plans, relevance of the trip for the development of the research area etc.
- Statement from doctoral supervisor that 30 % of the conference costs will be covered by the institute / the chair
- O cial approval of your paper being accepted / reviewed as a proof of active participation in the conference, or letter of invitation (may be handed in later)
- Cost calculation of the conference trip (travel allowances according to DAAD guidelines*, accommodation costs according to the Bundes- reisekostengesetz (BRKG), conference fee; NO per diems)
- Assurance that no other funding is available to cover the conference costs
- If applicable, a short statement of other reasons for funding (social needs, e.g. child care, care of a family member, time pressure due to residence status, need of assistance etc.)
Due to the limited funding budget Göttingen International does not gua- rantee funding. Noti cation of acceptance will be given until end of July.
Please send your application as one PDF le by June 30th, 2016 to:
Dr. Martin Jagonak