Doctoral Coaching by the Psychosoziale Beratung of the Studentenwerk
The doctoral study period is a long time of self-structured organization. A work overload and self-doubt can become a big problem, making you unable to focus on your goal(s) anymore. The PSB team (Psychosoziale Beratung) is there to advise and support you in terms of a graduation Coaching.
Common Problems of Doctoral Students:
Problems with self-structured work
Problems with supervisors
Problems with the compatibility of scientific work, career, family, leisure time
Problems with scientific work
Motivation problems due to fears of the future
If you face such a problem do not hesitate to get help – send an e-mail with the subject “Predoctorate-coaching” via the contact form on their homepage.
How does the PSB Team support doctoral students?
- Help in coping with crises and psychological problems
- Conflict management
- Stress management training in courses and individual counseling
- Burnout prevention
- Courses and individual counseling for effective time and work management
- Treatment of writer’s block (in cooperation with the university’s writing centers)
- Support in the search for the right contact persons for further career planning (in cooperation with the university team of the “Agentur für Arbeit”, the Beschäftigungsförderung Göttingen, the Career Service)
- Support in finding the right contacts for solving problems such as financing, etc.
The PSB is there to help and support you in these times.