Call for the new student representatives of GAUSS
Dear GAUSS PhD students,
the period of office of the current GAUSS student representatives, Christian and Hanna, comes to an end soon – we are looking for candidates for the position of the next GAUSS student representatives (01.04.2021 – 31.03.2022).
You have ideas on how to improve the PhD experience of all students in GAUSS and are passionate about bringing forward and discussing changes? Then you may want to consider volunteering as candidate! Everyone interested in becoming the next speaker of the GAUSS doctoral students can be elected.
The role of the GAUSS student representative is right for you if you:
– Are passionate about thinking and discussing changes of PhD regulations and amenities.
– Advocate and discuss students’ interests.
– Enjoy communicating and working together with fellow students and student representatives.
Optional but highly recommended:
– Basic understanding of German language (there will be translations, but German is the official language for legal purposes!).
In your role as GAUSS representative, you will:
– participate in 4 GAUSS board meetings to discuss and vote on GAUSS rule changes.
– discuss and vote on GAUSS travel/family support grants (if you are currently in a financially tight situation, please check out whether you can apply! https://www.uni-goettingen.de/en/567634.html).
– communicate with other students/representatives to become aware of potential improvements.
– communicate and discuss improvements with GAUSS office and management.
The GAUSS student representative and the deputy will be appointed (“ernannt”) by the student representatives of all GAUSS doctoral programs (which includes GGNB) in an online meeting this year. In this meeting, presumably on 03 March @ 7 pm, all running candidates will have the opportunity to convince the program representatives in a very brief motivation statement (1 Slide, max. 3 minutes).
If you are interested, please send a short Email to the GAUSS Office. In order to help the GAUSS program representatives in their decision, please include a very brief motivation statement and outline a few points for which you are passionate about driving change.