The first GUILD Summer School (6-13 July 2019)
Dear PhD students,
We are happy to inform you about the first Guild Summer School on Career-Readiness, taking place at Université Paris Diderot, 6-13 July, 2019. Founded in 2016, the Guild comprises nineteen of Europe’s most distinguished research-intensive universities in fourteen countries, and is dedicated to enhancing the voice of academic institutions, their researchers and their students.
More information about the Guild network can be found online: https://www.the-guild.eu/about/
The interdisciplinary program of the Summer School, focusing on career-readiness, offers Ph.D. candidates from the Guild member institutions the opportunity to:
- Explore the professional applications of their research training
- Develop key skills that enhance their employability
- Exchange with research professionals working outside of academia
- Gain new perspectives on research training across disciplines and cultures
- Build their professional network
Courses, workshops, site visits, and networking events will be held on Université Paris Diderot’s campus, located in the city’s 13th arrondissement, and locations in and around the city.
- Innovation and Individual Entrepreneurship
- Leadership and Conflict Management
- Research Contributions to Urban Planning
- Research Ethics and Scientific Integrity
More information can be found online:
Terms and conditions
- The tuition fees (about 1.400 EUR) including overnight stays are covered centrally by the University.
- This excludes travel costs to and from Paris. These costs have to be covered by other funds (faculty, graduate school, chair, institute, own contribution). Please check individually within your institution how to finance these additional costs.
- The organizer require a civil liability insurance and health insurance, both have to be funded individually.
- Traveling to France requires an A1 certificate of social insurance (to be issued by the Human Resource Department).
- Deadline: 15 March 2019, 10:00 a.m.
- Send you application to the coordinator of the graduate school:
- Application material (as a single PDF):
- Cover Letter (1 page max.), including the motivation for participating in this Summer School and the specific interest in the program’s thematic focus (career-readiness)
- A short letter of endorsement from your supervisor
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) (not exceeding 2 pages) in the EUROPASS format: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents
- The Language Passport in the EUROPASS format: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents
Statement of how travel costs and insurance costs will be covered.