Online course MentalStrategies by TK, 06 Aug – 24 Sep 2021
The online MentalStrategies course “Stay calm during your doctorate” is designed and organized especially for doctoral students by Techniker Krankenkasse. You can expect an intensive anti-stress course in a small group of 12 people in which you will learn practical excercises that you can use immediately in your day-to-day life.
The contents of the course includes:
Instrumental stress management
▪ approach to coping with stressors
▪ self-management (time management, learning and study management, setting realistic goals, communication, enhancing problem-solving skills,…)
Cognitive stress management
▪ changing personal motives, attitudes, mindsets and assessments (changing stress-intensifying thoughts, identifying your “inner drivers”, promoting positive self-instruction,…)
Palliative-regenerative stress management
▪ managing and coping with physical and psychological stress responses (autogenic training, progressive muscle relaxation, breathing exercises, learning to enjoy)
The course consists of five four-hour sessions, on five Fridays, 14:00-18:00h, via zoom. Participants have to take part in the entire course, i.e. each session!
▪ Session 1 – 06 August 2021 | Stress and its effects
▪ Session 2 – 13 August 2021 | Protect yourself from stress
▪ Session 3 – 27 August 2021 | It”s all in the mind
▪ Session 4 – 10 September 2021 | Manage stress successfully
▪ Session 5 – 24 September 2021 | My doctoral journey
The course is free of charge and open to all doctoral students irrespective of the their insurance with TK.
The link for the zoom meeting will be circulated to all registered doctoral students shortly before the first session.
More Information can be found on this Flyer.
Registration via Stud.IP (340507) from 01 July 2021