Fulbright Stipends for 4-6 month stays in the USA
The German-American Fulbright Commission provides four to six-month stays in the USA for young German scientists who are conducting a research project at a U.S. university or scientific institution within the framework of the Fulbright fellowship that is directly related to an academic dissertation that you are already working on.
Deadline: 1 October for a stay as of May 2020
- – organization and financing of the transatlantic outward and return journey
– a monthly flat-rate maintenance allowance of Euro 1.600 (additional application information)
– a one-off flat-rate service charge of Euro 300
– health and accident insurance
– Visa Sponsorship (Scholars travel to the USA on the free Fulbright J-1 visa)
– scholarship holder support
– admission to the Fulbright Network
If you are interested and plan a stay in the US, check the Fulbright Germany webpage
Young academics who actively contribute to academic and cultural exchange between Germany and the USA through their personality and commitment.
Applications are open to young researchers who are enrolled in a doctoral program aimed at obtaining a doctorate. After completing the Fulbright fellowship, you complete your doctorate at your home university. With the exception of medical students, funding is open to doctoral students from all disciplines (more Information).
- German citizenship
- a convincing professional (academic performance and objectives) and personal (commitment and motivation) profile
- a conclusively justified research project directly linked to the dissertation project and feasible during the planned Fulbright fellowship stay (which may not exceed a maximum of 6 months)
- has itself already arranged an official invitation from the intended host institution in the USA to carry out the research project
Application procedures and deadlines: please visit the respective homepage.