„Aureus Gottingensis“ medal award ceremony to Prof. Reinhard Jahn (4 April 2019 at 14h; MPS)
The University of Göttingen will award Prof. Reinhard Jahn with the special “Aureus Gottingensis” medal this year for his outstanding contributions to the University and Campus, and for his support to early career researchers in particular.
Reinhard Jahn is Professor in the department of neurobiology of the University and Emeritus Director at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry. He was one of the founders of the International Max Planck Research School Molecular Biology and was one of the key players in establishing and promoting the Göttingen Graduate School for Neurosciences, Biophysics, and Molecular Biosciences (GGNB) for which he served for many years as the speaker. He is also an outstanding mentor and strong supporter of early career researchers in many ways.
You are invited to join the medal award ceremony on Thursday, 4 April at 2pm, before the 2nd Postdoc Support and Information Fair, in the Auditorium of the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research. The ceremony will be in German.
- Date: 4 April 2019 at 2 pm
- Location: Auditorium of the Max-Planck Institute for Solar System Research (MPS), Justus-von-Liebig-Weg 3, 37077 Göttingen (map)
- Welcoming address: Prof. Dr. Ulrich R. Christensen, Director Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research
- Short lecture – personal experiences with Reinhard Jahn as supporter and mentor: Dr. Alexander Stein, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry
- Presentation of the medal by the President of the University
- Small reception and get-together
If you are planning to attend please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0551/39-24283.