I, Scientist Conference 2018
The I, Scientist Conference on Gender, Career Paths and Networking will be held on 25-26 May 2018 in Berlin.
Registration is now open via https://www.iscientist.de/registration/
Early bird deadline is January 15, 2018.
The conference is designed by and for students and young researchers in the natural sciences and mathematics. The mission of the organisers is to increase the visibility of female role models, introduce you to a variety of career options, and give you a dedicated time for networking and establishing useful contacts.
To raise awareness of unconscious gender-based biases, detect obstacles and find solutions regarding gender imbalance and combining family life and a career, a dialogue between all genders is needed. Therefore, all genders are welcome to attend!
– Inspiring talks by successful female scientists and mathematicians representing a variety of different career paths. Some of the already confirmed speakers include Prof. Dr.-Ing. Dr. Sabine Kunst (opening address), Prof. Dr. Katharina Landfester (keynote science), Prof. Dr. Sigrid Schmitz (keynote gender and panel discussion moderator), Dr. Mai Thi Nguyen-Kim (plenary talk) and many more.
– Specialist talks from the area of gender, science, and law about the still persisting gender inequalities and biases, and the current state-of-the-matter
– “Women in Science” Slam: we’d like to encourage you to apply for presenting at the slam: everyone who will present will receive a travel grant of up to 350 €!
– Panel discussion Equal Rites – Why do we still talk about the gender (in)equality in 2018? with both male and female panelists in powerful positions, discussing the status quo and ideas for making equal opportunity programs more effective
– Women Networking Dinner with the speakers of the event (participation limited to 80 women – first come, first served)
– Four full-day soft skills workshops (participation limited to 15 people per workshop – first come, first served)
– Career Speed Dating event: small groups of participants will undergo booth-to-booth rotation at the career fair and are given a chance to get in direct contact with the company and ask questions.
More information can be found at www.iscientist.de and https://www.facebook.com/iscientistconf/